Team Bretscher Multisport
- Age: 39
- Hometown: Bertram Iowa
- Occupation: Respiratory Therapist @ University of Iowa Hospital
- Years as a triathlete: 5
- Years with Bretscher Multisport: 2nd year
- Accomplishments as a Bretscher Multisport athlete:
- Ironman PR from 12:14 to 11:01
- 70.3 PR from 5:20 to 4:58.
- 4 AG podiums
- 2 AG wins
- Embarrassing Tri Moment: The first triathlon I ever raced in I decided to borrow a wetsuit from a friend of mine who had completed a race the summer before. The wetsuit he gave me was a 2 piece jet-skiing wetsuit. Long story short, the suit was much too large for me and as soon as I started swimming, the upper portion of the suit filled up with air and it made it impossible for me to swim with my head in the water. I looked like I was swimming with a life jacket on underneath my suit. Needless to say, I had to swim the entire .25 mile swim breaststroke. What a way to start off my triathlon career, it's amazing that after that I stuck with the sport.
- Favorite Race: Holiday Lake Triathlon. It is a race I help produce, and it is as hard as they come for a sprint. I always feel like I have accomplished something when I finish that race.
- Favorite Triathlon Moment/Memory: My 2nd Age Group win was at a race I am the sponsorship coordinator for. To go top 6 at a race I help run and to win my age group was a lot of fun.
- Funny/Embarrassing Triathlon Moment: I once drank too much cytomax on the bike and felt sick for the run. Just after I finished I leaned on the rails and puked all over the place. I heard some lady say "oh gross, who wants to see that".
- 2015 Race schedule:
- Pigman Sprint
- Holiday Lake
- Kansas 70.3?
- Muncie 70.3?
- Pigman Half
Daniel has taught me how to train effectively. I was a 1:20 sprint, 2:40 Oly, 5:20 Half, and 12:14 IM athlete before I started training with him. He has shown me how to make workouts work with my super busy 2 jobs and family schedule. Since my time with him I have dropped all my times. I have done 2 sub 5 70.3 races and went 11:01 at Ironman Wisconsin this year.
I really like how every week my workouts are made to fit my life/work schedule. I am able to get things done and still be around to see my wife and kids. When I send a question to him, he reply's promptly and changes things up for me as my crazy schedule changes.
I think the best part about using Daniel as a coach is that I have not been injured since starting to use his coaching services. Not losing time to injury has helped me stay focused on my training, and it makes life a lot more fun!